Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Why Japanese?

As a senior who would be graduating in about seven and a half months, it seems a bit counterproductive to be taking up a language only now. While that might be partly correct, I'm still quite excited to learn Japanese, and there are many reasons why I'm learning Japanese in the first place. I'm part-Japanese, and I'd like to be able to learn more about my culture. In addition to this, and partly where the inspiration for the URL came from, is that I'm from Hawaii. The largest amount of tourism and influence comes from Japan, and being able to speak Japanese would be a good skill to have in the case I'd like to go home and work in the tourism industry. 

I also want to learn Japanese because I am an East Asian Languages and Cultures major at Columbia. While I'm taking Korean as my language to fulfill my requirements, I'm taking Japanese purely because I want to. I'm enjoying it so far and I can recognize all the Hiragana characters and a good amount of Katakana, but I do have some problems in being able to speak as well as I can read, write, and listen. 

I'm not sure if this helps my case in any way, but I'd like to point out that I make a very delicious ichigo daifuku. 

1 comment:

  1. こんばんは、カレナさん。そうですね。しかし にほんご は とてもおもしろいですか、ちょっと おもしろいですか? 

    ReplyDelete